7 Things To Do in Quarantine
With a considerable rise in the outbreak of Coronavirus cases in the country, India is all set to face a 21-Day lockdown. Although remaining inside is a good way to protect yourself and others from the coronavirus, and is an important measure to help “flatten the curve” of daily cases that put pressure on our health care system, it could lead to a lesser evil: boredom and stir craziness. What’s there to do while stuck indoors? We’ve compiled a few suggestions to help make your time quarantined as interesting – and perhaps even as productive – as possible.
- Declutter – Have you forgotten about the heaps of digital data stacked up on your hard drives? Perhaps this is the best time to declutter. Go through all the photographs from your recent wildlife trips and keep the best ones! You have enough time to process a selected few and showcase them online. Don’t forget to tag us!
- Backyard Birding – This is the perfect time to pull out those binocs and look out for birds that are often found around urban areas. You might get lucky to spot a few rarities! Listen to all those bird calls you can hear around your locality and try to identify as many as possible!
- Try a New Hobby – Photography is an excellent hobby that one can pursue. Don’t have a DSLR? Not a worry at all, you can start experimenting with your mobile phones for now! Those who already have cameras at their disposal can explore various genres of photography while sitting at home!
- Binge on Movies – Whip up some snacks, dim those lights and settle down comfortably to watch films. Especially for all the wildlifers, there is heaps of content available on the net! Look out for – Our Planet, The Ivory Game, Planet Earth, Planet Earth II, The Blue Planet, Life, Africa, Frozen Planet, The Hunt and much more! What more can you ask for?
- Read – For all wildlife enthusiasts who are missing out on their travel plans, there are a lot many books on nature and wildlife written by authors like Jim Corbett, Kenneth Anderson, Billy Arjan Singh, Salim Ali, Valmik Thapar and many more, perhaps you could enjoy them for now. For all the photographers out there, you can always look out for interesting articles related to the hobby, it might help to brush up some knowledge about the technical nuances.
- Type Away – Most of us have a lot many stories to share, you can always write about your recent wildlife tours and some of your best wildlife encounters! This is the perfect time to start your own blog.
- Make a Bucket List – Write down everything you want to do once Covid-19 stops trying to kill us. Read up about the things on your list and jot down a foolproof plan on how to go about it. For any travel related plans, we are always there to help!